Castle of Dénia and Archaeological Museum
Castle of Dénia
Castle of Dénia
How to arrive
“Portal de la vila” (City Entrance Arch), the castle’s main entrance.
It is located on a gentle hill beside the sea and in the historical city centre.
Next to the Town Hall of Dénia, you will find stairways on Calle Hospital which we walk up. After this 1st steps, we find another stairway section to the left on the street called “Cuesta Madre Amparo” which takes us directly to Calle San Francisco accessing the castle.
Only accepted for persons with functional disabilities.
Adults: 3 €
Childrens (8-14 years olds): 1 €
Pensioners: 2 €
Students: 2 €
Groups (minimum 25 people with municipal authorization): 2 €
Every day (Except 25/12 and 01/01). the 24th and the 31st December, till 14:00 hrs.
- From November to March: from 10:00 to 18:00 hours.
- From April to May: from 10:00 to 19:00 hours.
- June: from 10:00 to 19:30 hours.
- From 1 July to 15 September: from 10:00 to 00:30 hours.
- From 16 to 30 September: from 10:00 to 20:00 hours.
- October: from 10:00 to 18:30 hours.
The building which houses the City’s Archaeology Museum is located in two buildings known as the “Palau del governador” (Governor’s Palace); there are few remains of a Palace complex located inside the upper premises of the Castle. It dates from the 17th century and it has a Renaissance architectural style. Its construction as a scenic viewpoint or gallery formed part of a recreation and rest area attached to the Summer Palace of the Marquises Dénia. Nowadays, it still conserves the stone room and first floor.
Included in the Castle entrance fee.
No accessibility ramp available.
Every day (Except 25/12 and 01/01) . The 24th & the 31st December, closed in the afternoon.
- From November to March: from 10:30 to 13:30 h / from 15:30 to 17:45 h.
- From April to May: from 11:00 to 13:00 h / from 16:00 to 18:45 h.
- June: from 11:00 to 13:00 h / from 16:30 to 19:15 h.
- From 1 July to 15 September: from 10:30 to 13:30 h / from 15:30 to 22 h. (Except the nights of Music Festival in the Castle).
- From 16 to 30 September: from 10:30 to 13:30 h / from 15:30 to 19:45 h.
- October: from 10:30 to 13:30 h / from 15:30 to 18:15 h.